Thursday, February 9, 2023

Metamorphosis

 Many of my artworks are available in different forms now.  I love this metamorphosis. Dreams come true at the least expected situations. 

During the pandemic and lockdown from March 2020 till January 2022, I had the chance to organize my photos and when the photo books arrived I was in tears of joy to see my own painting journey in pages.  This is the kind of fuel I have been driven from. 

I have launched my cushion covers featuring the birds and animals I love. There're more rooms to share my art with now.  

I have started a collection of hand embellished art of the elaborate pieces that are time consuming to create. Each artwork is Unique,  and that is what I want for my customers! I will continue to experiment with different designs and collectibles, they keep my creative juices flowing.

During a July-August voyage to the Arctic, I stepped in for the watercolor class as the artist that should come on board Saga Cruise was affected by the pandemic. It sparked my joy in teaching again. I started art classes for private groups in between the travels in 2022.

Then I revisited Falklands for the fourth time during the Antartica voyage on Azamara Pursuit in December -February.  Elated to see the King Penguins have been doing well.  The colony of 19 that I have created a watercolor painting of after my visits in 2020 has expanded. I am fond of these beautiful creatures, they possess the charm that could keep me watching them for the whole day. That made it mind-boggling when I visited the colony of Magellanic penguins in Punta Tombo, Patagonia. Everywhere there're penguins that's estimated to be 2million in this largest colony on Continental South America. 

Back in the studio after a long journey, I'm keeping occupied with more penguin art! They are offloaded onto the watercolor paper now.  http://yeetingwong.com 

With Gentoo Chicks on a hot day 


A relaxing Magellanic Penguin 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers