Friday, December 7, 2018

Sourcing for New Art Materials

As the 2018 travelling rolls from one to the next, I have been to so many new places, seen so many new creatures, people and things over the past eleven months. I am in a hotel in Lima, to complete my one month travelling in Peru for another three days. Marvelled at the new Seven Wonders of The World Machu Picchu, Amazonas river cruise, Amazon rainforest & islands, bird watching with top experienced bird guides in Peru. Hiking in Northern Peru to see the endemics of the mountain and the most spectacular displays of the Marvelous Spactuletail, the most beautiful hummingbird of the world. There are more than 50 species of hummingbirds I have seen now.
I will use these wonderful experiences, loading them gradually into my next art works. I must admit that it is a challenge, never before I have so much resources for my creative input and output! I am definitely overwhelmed.
In the ten days break from travelling in December, I shall be doing lots of organizing of my abundant artistic resources.
A birthday card for a new friend from one of the trips on our itinerary envelope, featuring a Llama Family, as South American as can be expected!
She was thrilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers